Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Funerals are weird
So I went to my great uncle Kens funeral today. He was an amazing man RIP. Ive never been to a funeral(even with all the deaths in previous years)Ive never had to go. So because Im part of the closest family to him we had to sit up front so I ended up shaking like 30 peoples hands. Anyway I walk into the church and Im standing in the pews a minute when I look over and theres a big cloth covering a box and I realize 'oh my god, hes in that box' it was weeeeiird. I also had to um receive the host(?) Ive never gone to church or done that. Im Lutheran but Im not practicing. Do those crackers and wine have calories? It was like eating a foam disk....
After the funeral the family went to lunch at this amazing but totally fattening Italian restaurant. The Priest and his wife came along, and they sat across from me. Now obviously I am not religious at all so sitting across from them would mean I would have to talk alot of religion. And I did. And it was obnoxious.
Anyway I ate:
1 wafer+sip of wine
1 medium dunkinchino
1/4huge bowl fettuccine Alfredo (that I might eat now...)
2 bites mozerella
and coffee
I might be high. Im only comfortable eating when Im high. Ive gotten used to the munchies so they only get me on occasion but earlier when I was at the restaurant I ate like 3 bites. Now? I want to eat some of it, it was delicious. ahh.
Im talking to Chess constantly hes such a goof :3
Think thin ladies. Thank God Im not fat. I cant wait to be thinner. 105.5 today :|
I WANT MOTHERFUCKING SPRINGTIME. hence the new theme
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree funerals are weird!! I believe we should celebrate ones passing and cheer to all the great memories instead of crying!! I work in a nursing home and all my residents constantly tell me they don't want people crying over them they want the good memories to be remembered and smiled upon =)
ReplyDeleteRIP to your uncle xx
I love your blog theme! I hate funerals myself- I never go unless I absolutely have to (mom's friend died and requested I speak at her funeral- most depressing thing ever). If I'm forced to go along, I hang out in the kitchen and drink coffee the whole time because funerals are too depressing and weird for my taste. Oh, do you mean the Lord's Supper (also called the Eucharist)? I didn't know they did that at funerals... I wouldn't think those little crackers & wine have much calories at all =). I hate talking religion and theology with some people because they always try to sound more smarter and "holier" than you...why can't people have a down-to-earth religious conversation? ><
ReplyDelete♥
I want spring too! That sounds like a really interesting day, I'm sad for your loss. I wouldn't worry about the calories in the communion, and even though you had the pasta, it was practically all you ate. I think your in the clear! Sending you skinnies darling.
ReplyDelete